The County Department of Mental Health offers a full range of services designed to meet the mental health needs of area residents. This state-licensed clinic offers comprehensive programs representing a broad range of disciplines including psychiatry, psychology, social work and nursing. After hours counseling and crisis intervention can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Care & Crisis Helpline. Their number is (585) 283-5200.
Mental Health Programs offered include:
- Individual, family or group counseling
- Care Coordination to assist with obtaining housing, or legal aid for example
- Medication monitoring and evaluations
- Outreach and education on topics related to mental health
- Crisis intervention, court evaluations and consultations
People come to the clinic with any number of concerns. Some come seeking supportive services when they experience a setback in their lives, such as the death of a loved one. Others may need medication to manage anxiety or depression. Most services are covered by insurance or Medicaid. All services provided are confidential. The clinic is open Monday through Friday with extended evening hours Tuesday and Wednesday. Appointments are also available on some Saturday mornings.
Every year approximately 10 million adults experience symptoms that lead them to seek mental health treatment. If you, or someone you know is having difficulties, we urge you to seek help by contacting (585) 589-7066. We offer Open Access for new patients seeking treatment. Priority Open Access is M-F with start times at 1pm and 2pm. Arrival should be 30 minutes prior to the start times. New patients may also be seen on a walk-in basis up to 90 minutes before closing time, depending upon availability. Our professionally licensed staff is here to assist you.
Danielle Figura, LCSW-R
Director of Community Services / Clinic Coordinator
Orleans County Department of Mental Health
Phone: (585) 589-2754
Fax: (585) 589-6395
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Mental Health Techniques10 documents
- ADHD and Addiction – What is the Risk?
- 20 Parenting Techniques that Can Help Discourage Addiction
- Mental Health and Teens: Watch for Danger Signs
- The Role of Religion in Mental Health
- Talking to Others About Your Mental Illness
- 7 Ways to Deal with People Who Don't Understand Depression
- 9 Lifestyle Factors that Can Affect Your Mental Health
- A Healthy Home is a Happy Home: How to Optimize Your Home for Healthy, Stress-free Living
- Managing the cost of Addiction, Treatment and Recovery
- Veterans – Mental Health; Signs, Symptoms, Treatment Options & Recovery